- Website Operator
- This website is operated by The Gate London.
- The Gate London lets you use this website on the following basis. This use is not exclusive to you.
- The Gate London may stop your use or the provision of the website at any time and does not have to tell you before then.
- The Gate London reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- About cookies
Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers that are sent by web servers to web browsers.
They may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use the information we obtain from you for the following purposes:
- to recognise your computer when you visit our website
- to track you as you navigate our website
- to improve the website’s usability
- to analyse the use of our website
- List of cookies Here is a list of all cookies used on this website:
|wordpress_||WordPress associated cookies||Session|
|icl_current_language||WordPress management of multiple language||Session|
- Third party cookies In some cases, some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
|__utma||Google Analytics – Unique ID representing you||Session|
|__utmc||Google Analytics – Timestamp of the exact moment in time when you leave our website||Session|
|__utmz||Google Analytics – Stores the referral type for how you found our website (direct, search result, ad link)||Session|
|SID, APISID, HSID, NID, PREF||Google Maps – Unique ID representing your preferences and information when viewing pages with Google maps on them||Up to 2 years|
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent these cookies we can’t guarantee your security or predict how our website will perform during your visit.
- Managing cookies You can manage cookies through your web browser settings.
- Blocking cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
In Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools” » “Internet Options” » “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools” » “Options” and check “Tell websites I do not want to be tracked” in the “Privacy” tab.
In Chrome to block cookies go to “Tools” » “Settings” » “Under the Bonnet” » “Content settings…” and select your option in the “Cookies” section.
In Safari you need to select “Edit” » “Preferences” » “Security” and select your option for “Accept cookies”.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of this and other websites.
- Deleting cookies
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer.
In Internet Explorer you need to go to “Tools” » “Internet Options” and select “Delete temporary files” under the “General” tab.
In Firefox you can delete cookies by going to “Tools” » “Options” and then in the “Privacy” tab “clear your recent history”.
In Chrome to delete cookies go to “Tools” » “Settings” » “Under the Bonnet” » “Content settings…” » “All cookies and site data…” then click “Remove All”.
In Safari you need to select “Edit” » “Preferences” » “Security” » “Show Cookies” and click “Remove All”.
Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
- Further reading
For more information about cookies see the links below.
Useful information about cookies can be found at: allaboutcookies.org
The BBC Web Wise guide to cookies: bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/about-cookies
Information on the Information Commissioner’s Office cookie guide can be found on the ICO website: ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the Internet Advertising Bureau which can be found at: youronlinechoices.com/uk/download-guide
- Materials in Site
- This website contains material which The Gate London owns or is allowed to use. This material includes, amongst other things, its design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. It is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws.
- You may view, use, download and store the material on this website for personal and research use only but not for any commercial use. You may not distribute, publish, or otherwise make available the material on this website to third parties without asking The Gate London first or it may be a criminal offence and lead to legal action for damages.
- Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not The Gate London). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- Accuracy of Information
- The information in this website is for general information/interest only and may change without prior notice. The Gate London has tried to ensure the material is accurate but does not guarantee this. The Gate London does not accept responsibility for errors. Clause 6.3 is the exception to this.
- The information in this website should not be relied on and is not to be taken as advice or recommendation. By using this website you confirm that you have not relied on any such information. If you choose to make any arrangements with any third party referred to on this website you do so at your own risk and responsibility.
- The information made available by The Gate London on this website does not form part of any contract and should not be seen as an offer to do so.
- This website may contain links to other websites. The Gate London accepts no responsibility or liability for the content of other websites which are not under its strict control. Link(s) are not intended to be a recommendation of any kind by The Gate London of another website, and should not be seen as such.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without first asking The Gate London.
- The Gate London does not guarantee that this website will be compatible with all hardware and software which you may use when trying to visit this site.
- Except for under clause 6.3, The Gate London will be under no liability to you whatsoever regardless of how it is caused arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or the use, accessing, downloading or relying on any information or other materials contained in this website. This includes the risks of working online (i.e. any damage caused by any computer virus).
- These terms and conditions do not exclude The Gate London’s liability (if any) to you for personal injury or death resulting from The Gate London’s negligence, for fraud or for any matter which it would be illegal for The Gate London to exclude or to attempt to exclude its liability. Otherwise they do exclude any actions brought in negligence or otherwise.
- The Gate London is registered under the terms of the 1988 Data Protection Act, and we are committed to protecting your privacy. Personal information entered online will be held securely, and will not be used for any other purposes other than those for which you have given us permission.
- In disclosing your personal information you agree to the collection, storage and processing of your personal information by us. Your personal information will be used for internal administration/analysis, or to inform you about events that we think will interest you.
- The Gate London will never pass your personal information on to third parties without your explicit consent.
- Complete Agreement
- These terms and conditions contain all the terms which you and The Gate London have agreed in relation to the use of the website.
- Jurisdiction and acceptance of these terms and conditions
- This website is controlled and operated by The Gate London from its offices in England (see clause 1). Any dispute relating to any of the materials contained in this website shall be governed by English law. This includes the construction, performance, validity of these terms and any question about any of the content of this website.
- The English and Welsh courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes about these terms or use of the website.
- Your continued use of this website indicates your acceptance of these terms.